Judith is an accomplished civil trial attorney, with experience in both plaintiff and defense- side litigation. She has over twenty years of experience representing private and public clients in business, civil rights, complex class action, consumer protection, education, employment, and insurance coverage matters. She has tried federal jury cases, appeared before municipal and state courts, and has presented oral arguments to federal and state courts of appeal.
Judith is currently an associate attorney at the law firm of Berk, Merchant & Sims, PLC, where she provides legal representation to domestic and international insurers of commercial and personal lines business. She resolves coverage disputes concerning property claims and litigation, third-party coverage issues, bad faith claims and litigation, and general liability defense.
Judith earned her bachelor’s degree from the school of business at The Ohio State University and received her J.D. from the Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. She is licensed in good standing to practice law in the states of Florida and Ohio and the Southern, Middle and Northern United States District Courts.
Position at BMS and practice area(s)
- First-Party Property Claims and Litigation
- Third-Party Coverage
- Bad Faith Claims and Litigation
- General Liability Defense
Jurisdiction(s) of admission and total years of practice
- The State of Florida 2018
- The State of Ohio 1998
- The United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, 2018
- The United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, 2002
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- Miami-Dade Bar Association
- S.H. v. Reed, 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 201963 (S.D. OH 2012)
- Swayne v. Beebles Invs., Inc., 176 Ohio App. 3d 293 (Ohio 2008)