Ricky Fernandez is an associate with Berk, Merchant & Sims. He joined the firm in 2016. Ricky dedicates most of his practice to handling first-party homeowners and commercial property disputes and third-party liability matters, including wrongful death, negligent security, slip and fall, and other premises liability cases.
Ricky received a Bachelor of Science in Education degree from the University of Miami in 2010. He majored in Exercise Physiology with minors in Spanish, Chemistry, Sports Medicine, and Business. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 2013, graduating cum laude.
In his free time, Ricky is an avid soccer fan, enjoys running, and spending time with his son, London, and wife, Yami.
Position at BMS and practice area(s)
- First party insurance coverage
- Premises Liability
Jurisdiction(s) of admission and total years of practice
- Florida, 2013
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2018
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2021
- St. Thomas University School of Law
- Florida Bar